Position is responsible for providing clinical office support which includes greeting and registering patients, scheduling appointments, verifying insurance benefits and referrals, and collecting co-payments
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Greets patients, assisting with form completion; verifies accuracy of patient’s insurance and demographic information; provides HIPAA forms, arbitration forms, and consent-to-treat forms.
- Collects co-pays for services; verifies and balances receipts and payments.
- Reviews schedule for new patients, updating when necessary.
- Calls patients with appointment time reminder, obtaining insurance information and referral forms.
- Prepares, distributes, and collects fee tickets; reviews fee tickets for completeness; reconciles fee tickets with daily schedule.
- Schedules return patient appointments and patient testing; validates patient’s parking.
- May prepare patients’ charts for daily appointments.
- Assists patients with insurance questions regarding billing process.
- Assists staff with sending out reminder cards and other related scheduling duties.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills.
- Working knowledge of insurance, medical terminology, and computer skills.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification required with two years of experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
$16.17 - $23.47 / Hourly
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one's qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Benefits eligibility is subject to employment status, full-time equivalent (FTE) workload, and weekly standard hours. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view a summary of benefits
Washington University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability status, protected veteran status, national or ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation. Women, minorities, protected veterans and the disabled are strongly encouraged to apply
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply
When you are ready to apply, creating an account only takes a minute. Your account creates a candidate home page which we will use to communicate with you and allows you to apply for jobs and view your application statuses. The first page of the application offers two “Quick Apply” options. Quick Apply allows you to either use a previous application or create a new application using a resume to populate the work experience and education sections of your job application. If using a resume to populate your application, check to ensure the application fields populated accurately. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page by clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. Documents may be uploaded in the My Experience section of the application. You also have the option to apply with a Linkedin feature, which allows you to apply by using your Linkedin profile to populate some of the job application fields.