Full time or Part time Security Officer - #2647312
City: St. Louis, MO
Contract type: Full time
UNIT DESCRIPTION: There are several positions available, full time and part-time positions. Looking for people who will work night shifts, and Week-ends. Position Summary: The Security Officer is responsible for patrolling the premises of residences or buildings to detect suspicious activity, assist tenants, and ensure the safety of occupants. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements
- Guard’s property against damage, fire, theft, and illegal or unauthorized entry.
- Makes periodic rounds about buildings and grounds, examining doors, windows and gates to ensure that they are properly secured.
- Enforces regulations and ensures the observance of applicable laws.
- In the event of infractions, warns or evict people.
- Interviews guests and employees to detect infringements and to investigate disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalism and accidents or incidents.
- Reports irregularities to management.
- Provides assistance for accident victims and handles emergencies.
- May lift and move equipment or a person or pursue and apprehend people.
- May assist management and law enforcement officials in emergency situations, apprehending unauthorized persons found on the property, searching and seizing items (sometimes requiring force), and investigating suspected thefts.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Maintains confidentiality and appropriate professionalism.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform responsibilities of Sr. Security officer in their absence.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in accordance with Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 0 to 2 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of security procedures.
- Private security or public police experience preferred.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Valid state driver/operator's license (commercial) may be required.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.