Electrical Estimator, Mid Level- Project Delivery Services (PDS) - #2647339
CRB is a leading provider of sustainable engineering, architecture, construction and consulting solutions to the global life sciences and food and beverage industries. Our more than 1,600 employees provide best-in-class solutions that drive success and positive change for our clients, our people and our communities. CRB is a privately held company with a rich history of serving clients throughout the world, consistently striving for the highest standard of technical knowledge, creativity and execution.
The Estimator II will work within the PDS estimating team to support the strategic vision of estimating at CRB. The primary focus of this role will be to develop historical database of project costs. Also supporting the CRB’s estimating department with pricing maintenance of database software. This position reports directly to the Estimating Manager, PDS.
- Review all project plans, specifications, and documents.
- Collaborate with the design team to understand intent and obtain any additional information required to develop the estimate for its intended purpose.
- Organize work to fulfil the specific Work Breakdown Structure required for the estimate.
- Perform accurate quantity take-offs. Develop accurate labor and material costs.
- Prepare construction estimates from design documents to further CRB’s data collection initiatives.
- Review the completed draft estimate to remove any errors, duplications, or inconsistencies.
- Reconcile differences in estimated values and final contract values.
- Present work to supervisors, construction project teams, A/E teams, clients, and other personnel within and outside of the company.
- Ability to perform conceptual estimates as workload requires
- Compose Basis of Estimate Documents.
- Collaborate effectively with the Estimating Team.
- Possible mentor other estimators on methods of cost estimating.
- Foster working relationships with design counterparts, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Assess and account for project risks
- May work with Estimating Manager and regional estimating staff to develop tools
- May lead training of estimating tools
- May gather feedback from regional resources and assist Estimating Manager with updates to tools
- May be asked to maintain and update database information related to construction costs for labor, equipment, and materials for all systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or experience in a similar role
- 2+ years of progressive experience in estimating, design, or construction management
- Knowledge of estimating practices and procedures including software input and data manipulation utilizing estimating software such as Timberline (Sage Estimating) and OnScreen Takeoff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook)
- Passion for data collection and management.
- Knowledge of enterprise management software (like PMWeb)
- Experience with Life Science, Industrial, and Commercial projects
- Experience with 3D modeling tools (AutoCAD, Revit, Assemble, etc)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
CRB is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Employment is contingent on background screening.
CRB does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of CRB without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of CRB. Please, no phone calls or emails.
CRB offers a complete and competitive benefit package designed to meet individual and family needs.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.